Sunday, November 25, 2012

Of Inspiration, Music & Moving Forward



Well...

It has been a bit since I posted. Lots of important work to be done lately. 


I refrained from doing the obligatory "everything I am thankful for" post for Turkey Day (AKA thank the Native Americans for giving all they had day), but I will say that the reelection of the big O, and especially the passing of a number of key progressive state initiatives (tip of my hat to Colorado & Washington State) have been rather inspiring, to be honest. Slowly but surely, we are finally moving in the only direction we can really move... forward.

I must say, though, I do have a lot of things I want to put up here at some point. If any of my readers are interested in anything specific... some verse, some philosophic rambling, writing tips, music stuff... whatever... just let me know.

In the meantime, I will post some things as I have time and energy for it. There are a number of interesting things here already for those who want to go back through the older posts. And, I recommend that anyone who likes music check out my radio station RADIO OMNIVERSE (http://jahsun.com/radio) which has 2 channels of extraordinary music streaming 24/7. There is also a tab here on the blog to take you directly there. You can listen while you read.

I have also been doing some very cool internet radio shows, a couple guest DJ spots on old school, over the air radio stations in a number of the countries that I visit, as well as a good number of club and festival gigs where I DJ and mix things up live. A number of these have been recorded, and I am happy to share these sets with any interested parties.

Again, just let me know. The radio stuff tends to be eclectic and filled with rarities, hard to find stuff, new music, and more rocking stuff, while the live sets are nearly all solid slabs of dance music ranging from funky breaks, dancehall, a bit of dubstep, and even some EDM, all mixed and mashed up with my signature FX, scratching, beat juggling, looping and more. 


Naturally, I find all of these recordings to be wickedly dope, so take me up on this offer if you appreciate tunes that are unlikely to be found through normal channels. My penchant for crate digging can be tapped and enjoyed by all and sundry without the often epic investment in time and cash to acquire these things.

Righteo.

I will leave you this time around with a quote from one of our great scribblers of a bygone era... one which still resonates as deeply as when it was first uttered:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reflect and pause."
-- Samuel Clemmons
better known to most as Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    My blog - "Sisyphean"

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Post anonymously if you like. All thoughts, impressions, cordial (and even not so cordial) debate encouraged.

Join the blog & follow the posts to get the most interaction... but even the most random anonymous thoughts are welcome if they are not spam.